Over the past decade, it has been my honor to serve on many boards, committees and commissions. I have tried to bring my full capacities to each one of these obligations. Unfortunately, I have reached a point where my ability to be effective in my personal and professional life has caused me to reconsider and thusly reduce my obligations. I fear that in many of these commitments I have not been able to work to level of commitment required to achieve the noble objectives set forward by my faith, my family or the organizations that I am committed to serve.
Therefore, I have elected to resign from the obligations listed below.
- Muslim Alliance in North America (MANA)
- Muslim Council of America (MCA)
- American Muslim Task-Force (Representative of MANA)
- MELD/EVEN START
- North American Imams Federation (Founding Board member)
- Georgetown U – Chaplain Advisory board
- University of MD-Chaplain Board
I will continue to serve on the following Dar Al-Hijrah Related Boards, Committees and Commissions:
- DC Mayor’s Interfaith Council (Mayor Fenty’s Administration)
- Virginia New Majority (VMN)
- The Interfaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington (IFC)
- Fairfax County Multicultural Advisory Committee
- Virginians Organized for Interfaith Community Engagement (VOICE)
- Interfaith Communities for Dialogue (Annandale)
- Fairfax Partnership for Youth: Students on Suspension (SOS)
- The Council of Muslim Organizations (Greater Washington)
I will remaining on the non-Dar Al-Hijrah related board Faces of Our Children (Sickle Cell Fund).
I remain grateful to I have had opportunity to serve and I look forward to being a viable contributor in other ways to this great work. May Allah continue to bless you in your work and make your efforts successful.
Sincerely As-Salaamu ‘Alaikum,
Imam Johari Abdul-Malik,
Outreach Director, Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center